Sunday, November 30, 2008

too much work and feeling gray

It's seemed like a long couple of days; I haven't been getting enough sleep, which is entirely my fault, and wonderful, because I'm spending more time with a person I enjoy.

To continue to update: I worked at Starbucks a lot this last week. I'm not sure how much longer I can handle it. It's so dramatic and energetically oppressive there. I hope something new comes up and I: find a great work environment, make more money, and am comfortable.

Today I felt gray. The idea of gray came from my friend Chad, talking about things being black and gray and the sky and it's been snowing here for the last 36 hours (it feels like). The snow is not piling up or anything, and it was charming at first, but it's just so....cold and wet and I want to have to wear my sunglasses. I felt gray; that was the point of the last couple of sentences. I feel better now. I figured out that Starbucks is wearing on me, no matter how I try to stay out of the drama and craziness going on there, I suppose it's affecting me anyway. I'm also sad I didn't get to go to my dad's side Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday. I was maybe going to get off work early so I could go, but it didn't end up working out that way. I did end up going to Blue Koi and Tootsies with Gregg (my friend) and we had a great time. FYI: warm saki tastes like gasoline; I wouldn't suggest it.

I had the morning off today. I went to Phoenix Herb Company and picked up some more Market Spice (favorite tea!), and some other health teas, and went by Whole Foods, and I got some more of my protein powder and tofu, and we perused the shampoo aisle and smelled lots of them. We came back and made lunch together (steak and garlic bread and we had some wine) and we tried to watch Maltese Falcon but fell asleep and had an impromtu nap. I didn't feel well at all when I woke up so I didn't work this evening for PKD. I'm so glad I had a whole day off; I felt like I wasn't myself part of the day today. But I took a hot bath, finished my audiobook (The Time Traveler's Wife - seriously fantastic and tragic and wonderful), drank some hot tea, made myself soup, started making some more things for Christmas, as well as worked on some other things for Christmas, made spaghetti squash and steamed broccoli and watched 3 episode of The Office that I needed to catch up on. I'm one episode behind in Heroes, so maybe I'll watch that tomorrow night. We'll see.

I have a friend from Y.O.U. coming into town on December 16 and I'm trying to find him and his band a place to play that evening. I also am going to probably have them stay the night here, unless they have a place to stay already. There are 3 guys and a girl in the band, and I'm sure I can find a place for everyone.

So I should be off to sleep. I feel much better but still need some wink-eye.

No comments: