Monday, November 17, 2008

a new life, a new blog

Hello! I wanted a completely new blog; it's like getting a new journal, so here I go.

My life is going pretty well. I'm happy, living in downtown Kansas City in the most beautiful loft I've ever seen; I'm looking for jobs, thinking about becoming a teacher; I have good friends, a magnificent and loving cat.

All in all, it's good.

I do need to finish my thesis. I went to a coffee shop last night and it inspired me to do so. I think I'll get my laptop all fixed, order some books from the library, print a bunch of articles and get the thesis party started, or ended, or whatever.

I met up with an old friend from high school last night. Actually I don't think we were friends in high school, but I knew him, and he was in my art classes, and he was always nice to me, etc. His name is Chad; it's so amazing how much I've changed since high school. I know everyone does, but it's just odd to think about. Anyway, I think Chad is a great guy and I'll see him again tomorrow! (yay!)

Hannah's in New York and I miss her quite frequently. She was just in town a couple weekends ago, and she'll be in town for Thanksgiving, so hopefully I'll see her then too. I wish we could live in the same city. I just don't have the impulse to live in NY, it's so expensive and busy and loud. I think I'm more of a Portland sort of person. My cousin Joe and his wife Tara live in Portland and I totally love them, so if I could move there, I would. I would miss my family, but hopefully the tides would be as such, that I could come and visit often.

I've started to embroider! I'm quite excited about it. I bought a bunch of DMC threads and have been organizing in a craft bin and so on.

My jobs: Starbucks and the PKD Foundation are going well; I would much prefer to have 1 full time job, but 2 part time jobs isn't too bad. Starbucks keeps me on my feet and I love making cappuccinos, and I work in the "care center" (which is the call center) for PKD, and I'm really good at talking with people, listening to them, and asking them to donate again. I felt guilty for asking people for money, at first; but then I realized that it's for a great organization to find a cure for a horrible disease; so now I don't feel bad. I love my boss there, and everyone I work with, so even if I did get a full time job, I would try to stay on there as long as I could handle working 60 hours per week.

The weather is cold and I love it. It flurried here the other day. Thanksgiving is coming up and I can't wait to put up Christmas decorations. I hope I have enough to decorate my own place too. I love Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's always good to see a fresh blog, Sarah! Good luck with your jobs.