Tuesday, November 18, 2008

celtic thunder needed more celtic

So. On my way to work, Doran texted me to say that I did get the Sprint Center Celtic Thunder Tickets (someone had emailed last week to ask if anyone wanted any and I emailed and said yes, but since I hadn't heard, I assumed they were already gone). I didn't really know what to do because the tickets were for tonight, and I hadn't asked off from work. I definitely knew my mom would want to go, so I offered them to her and Bob, and Bob didn't end up wanting to go, so I asked Mark if I could take off early to go with my mom. So I did that. I had a date with Chad set up, so I told him to meet me at my place at 10, and it was all set up. Bob drove my mom down to my place, we went to the Sprint Center, he went back to my place to watch tv, and then picked us up at 9:40, and I went home.

Oh! But about Celtic Thunder: they were Great! I mean, they were really talented. The production was quite theatrical and quite amazing. They sang odd songs that weren't very celtic, like puppy love and oldies like that. I suppose the age range of people that like them like those songs; so that's ok. They did sing Knights in White Satin, by Moody Blues - which was great. They did play my mom's favorite celtic song from their PBS special, which was amazing and wonderful and I'm so happy I could take her to see it. Yay!

Chad came over and we drank wine and watched Kung Fu Panda! It was Great! I need to watch it again because we talked a lot during it, but it seems really cute. I had a great time!

Tomorrow: christmas present making, job applying, book ordering, and work.

No comments: